Dr. Joseph Young, DC, DACNB, FIAMA, CFMP
Dr. Joseph Young has been providing people with positive, knowledgeable, trusted health care for over 27 years. He is pleased to be in Greenville committing to being your trusted advisor in helping you achieve your personal optimum level of health.
Dr. Young began learning of the benefits of holistic treatment at a young age. He was suffering from months of severe, incapacitating headaches with little relief from medications. Then his mother took him to a doctor of chiropractic. “At the time I did not know what to expect… but the relief after the treatment was amazing to me! The terrible head pain was gone!”
Further experiences with treatment of sports injuries in high school and college reinforced the realization that there were definite health benefits from chiropractic methods. The understanding that the body may heal itself through restoring proper communication between the brain and body became the inspiration for him to become a chiropractic neurologist. “I will never forget the day I realized that I wanted to become a doctor of chiropractic. I became filled with an overwhelming sense of purpose and passion to help others as I had been helped. “ That sense of purpose continues to motivate Dr. Young today.
Dr. Young’s undergraduate education was from South Dakota State University obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Cleveland Chiropractic College, Kansas City, MO in 1988. During his internship at Cleveland College he was selected to be a teaching assistant at the Cleveland College outpatient clinic and was awarded a scholarship for outstanding service.
Having developed a passion for helping people he continues studying to further broaden and enhance his clinical knowledge and skills incorporating the disciplines of neurology, functional medicine, acupuncture, and neuro-myofascial therapy.
Some of the advanced clinical certifications and awards Dr. Young has earned:
- Advanced Studies in Diagnosis and Clinical Management of Cervical Trauma, 1992
- Chiropractic Rehabilitation of the Locomotor System certification levels I and II, 1996/1997
- Vestibular Testing and Rehabilitation Therapy, 1999
- Fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture, 2001
- Board Eligible for Diplomate in Clinical Nutrition, 2010 (Studies in Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis, Functional Endocrinology, Thyroid Disorders, Neurotransmitters and Brain)
- Certified Gluten Practitioner, 2011
- Certified in Practice of Functional Medicine, 2012
- Board Certified Diplomate of Chiropractic Neurology, DACNB
- Traumatic Brain Injuries certification course, under the instruction of Dr. Frederick Carrick of The Carrick Institute.
- Board Certified in Neuro-feedback. Biofeedback Certification International Alliance.
Dr. Young is pleased and honored to volunteer in attending patients, of all ages and conditions, suffering from brain disorders at The Carrick Brain Center in Marietta, Georgia. The Carrick Brain Center is at the forefront in treatment of traumatic brain injuries (TBI) utilizing restorative and preventative brain-based therapies and wellness programs.
“I believe the new frontier for health lies within our brain and its connection with our body. The ability to comprehend what our senses experience and to express our thoughts, emotions and actions to the fullest extent of our humanity relies on our brain. I have a passion for understanding the neuro-physiological mechanisms of brain disorders and in restoring hope and possibilities to those people who are living with a brain disorder due to poor development, disease, degeneration, physical or emotional trauma.”
“I am committed to helping bring the benefits of the most cutting edge scientific knowledge, insight and training to the people who are in need of hope and helping them in regaining their possibilities of living a more fulfilling life. “